Last updated: The 30th of January, 2022.
We promise to treat your privacy, the privacy of your data, and your security, with the utmost respect. Any data that you either provide us voluntarily or by necessity through the use of our service, is yours. And yours alone.
We promise to never use your data for any reason whatsoever, unless you give Magaya your explicit permission and consent to do so (i.e., you sign up to a newsletter, or RSS feed of our blog).
We promise to be transparent about our services to the highest degree, so long as the release of such information does not compromise the privacy or security of our users.
We promise to respect your trust, and to never intentionally access your plain text (unencrypted) data. The sole administrator may see this data during maintenance periods, or when administrating the server (i.e., removing users who abuse our terms). However, while Magaya promises to do the best that we can to respect your unencrypted data, we cannot guarantee that the server provider (see our transparency report), attackers, or Law Enforcement agencies, will not access (or are not accessing) unencrypted data stored at Magaya.
Matrix instance users
If you use the Magaya Matrix instance, the sole Administrator does have access to:
- The IP address that you last used to connect to our servers. We delete this after 48 hours.
- Your email address, if you attach one to your account.
- The plain text file name of attachments you send (the data itself is encrypted, and we cannot view any of your encrypted data).
- Any plain text data that you exchange on the Magaya instance.
The data we have access to is no different to that of any other Matrix instance that you might use.
- No personal information is collected.
- No information is stored in the browser.
- No information is shared with, sent to or sold to third-parties.
- No information is shared with advertising companies.
- No information is mined and harvested for personal and behavioural trends.
- No information is monetized.
Contact us if you have any questions.